STEP ONE: DEFINE YOUR GOALS
- Attract new clients.
- Strengthen the relation with current clients.
- Start or close business deals and sales.
- Expand your market share.
- Position your brand.
- Promote new products and services.
- Analyze your market position as compared with your competition’s.
- Develop your contacts and improve institutional relations.
STEP TWO: STAND ASSEMBLY
- Ideally, your stand should be easily accessible and allow for the free movement of visitors.
- Consider different options based on your needs and aspirations: use a design of your own or a basic custom stand.
- Plan stand equipment logistics in advance: transportation, handling and storage of the goods to be displayed.
- Remember to provide for any necessary security and cleaning services.
- For energy saving purposes, use an electrical installation with a minimum of 2 circuits with their pertaining switches and avoid installing unnecessary lighting fixtures.
STEP THREE: SELECT YOUR WORK TEAM
- For customer service activities, select vendors with an in-depth knowledge of your company’s products and services and of the reasons for your company’s participation in the fair.
- Assign the tasks to be performed by each individual in a clear manner.
- If you hire someone exclusively for this fair, make sure they are properly prepared.
STEP FOUR: DESIGN A COMMUNICATION AND PROMOTION PLAN
- Publication of articles on web sites and specialized graphic media.
- Print advertising (Exhibitor’s Catalog, newspapers and magazines).
- Digital advertising (banners on other sites).
- Social Media and Community Management.
- Production of printed materials to be distributed at the stand (brochures, catalogs, etc.)
- Additional promotional activities: conferences, lectures, tastings, etc.
- Prepare any necessary materials to send out prior invitations to visit the stand during the term of the fair.
STEP FIVE: DEVELOP BUSINESS RELATIONS
- Personal invitations.
- elephone calls or telemarketing.
- Mailing / Social Media.
- Direct mail.